Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
Duration 40 Hours
This course is second certification course for MCSE Windows Server Certification learning path which includes the following courses:
- 20413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- 20414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
Course 20414C: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
- Get hands-on instruction and practice planning, designing and deploying a physical and logical Windows Server® 2012 R2 enterprise infrastructure in this 5-day Microsoft Official course.
- This course is part two in a series of two courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to design and implement a Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- The two courses collectively cover designing, planning, deploying, securing, monitoring, automating, and virtualizing an enterprise server infrastructure.
- This course covers the knowledge and skills to plan and implement a highly available, secure infrastructure with focus on Active Directory® Federation Service (AD FS), public key infrastructure (PKI), and Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- You will also learn the skills needed to plan and deploy virtual machines including self-service and automation of virtual machine deployments as well as planning and implementing a monitoring strategy that includes Microsoft® System Center 2012
- Module 1: Overview of Management in an Enterprise Data Center
- Module 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Virtualization Strategy
- Module 3: Planning and Implementing Networks and Storage for Virtualization
- Module 4: Planning and Deploying Virtual Machines
- Module 5: Planning and Implementing a Virtualization Administration Solution
- Module 6: Planning and Implementing a Server Monitoring Strategy
- Module 7: Planning and Implementing High Availability for File Services and Applications
- Module 8: Planning and Implementing a High Availability Infrastructure Using Failover Clustering
- Module 9: Planning and Implementing a Business Continuity Strategy
- Module 10: Planning and Implementing an Public Key Infrastructure
- Module 11: Planning and Implementing an Identity Federation Infrastructure
- Module 12: Planning and Implementing Data Access for Users and Devices
- Module 13: Planning and Implementing an Information Rights Management Infrastructure
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe an enterprise data center.
- Plan and implement a server virtualization strategy using System Center 2012.
- Plan and implement the network and storage infrastructure required to deploy a virtualized server infrastructure.
- Plan and deploy virtual machines on Windows Hyper-V®.
- Plan and implement a virtualization administration solution by using System Center 2012.
- Plan and implement a server monitoring strategy using the Windows Server 2012 tools and using Microsoft System Center 2012 – Operations Manager.
- Plan and implement an application and a file services infrastructure that is highly available.
- Plan and implement a highly available server infrastructure by using the failover clustering features in Windows Server 2012.
- Plan and implement a business continuity strategy in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Plan and implement a PKI deployment, and plan and implement a certificate management solution.
- Plan and implement an AD FS server deployment and claims aware application access.
- Plan and implement Dynamic Access Control, Workplace Join and Work Folders.
- Plan and implement an AD RMS deployment, plan and manage AD RMS templates and access, and plan and implement external access to AD RMS services.
- This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for planning, designing and deploying a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructures including the network services.
- Candidates would typically have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and have Windows Server 2012 certification (MCSA) or equivalent skills.
- The secondary audience for this course will be candidates are IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Enterprise Server Infrastructure, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE certification.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- An understanding of Windows Server 2012 and AD DS, including planning, designing and deploying.
- An understanding of scripts and batch files.
- An understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- An understanding of deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Experience working in a team or a virtual team.
- Achieved the Windows Server 2012 MCSA certification as well as information in the course 20413C: Designing and Implementing an Enterprise Server Infrastructure.
- Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT
- Microsoft Official curriculum MOC
- Microsoft Attendance Certificate
- Microsoft International Exams