Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
Duration 40 Hours
This course is the second Certification course of MCSE Exchange Server 2016 Certification learning path which includes the following courses:
Course 20345-2A: Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
This course provides experienced Exchange Server administrators with the knowledge to design and implement an Exchange Server 2016 messaging environment.
Students will learn how to design and configure advanced components in an Exchange Server 2016 deployment such as site resiliency, advanced security, compliance, archiving, and discovery solutions.
In addition, students will learn about coexistence with other Exchange organizations or Exchange Online, and migration from previous versions of Exchange Server.
The course will provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help students optimize their Exchange Server deployment.
- Module 1: Planning Exchange Server 2016 deployments
- Module 2: Planning and deploying Exchange Server 2016 Mailbox services
- Module 3: Planning and deploying message transport
- Module 4: Planning and deploying client access
- Module 5: Designing and implementing high availability
- Module 6: Maintaining Exchange Server 2016
- Module 7: Designing messaging security
- Module 8: Designing and implementing message retention
- Module 9: Designing messaging compliance
- Module 10: Designing and implementing messaging coexistence
- Module 11: Upgrading to Exchange Server 2016
- Module 12: Planning a hybrid Exchange Server deployment
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for Exchange Server deployments.
- Plan and deploy Exchange Server 2016 Mailbox services.
- Plan and deploy message transport.
- Plan and deploy client access.
- Design and implement high availability.
- Maintain Exchange Server 2016.
- Design messaging security.
- Design and implement message retention.
- Design messaging compliance.
- Design and implement messaging coexistence.
- Upgrade to Exchange Server 2016.
- Plan a hybrid Exchange Server deployment.
- This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced messaging administrators, messaging architects, or consultants.
- This course is designed for professionals in an enterprise environment who are responsible for designing and deploying Exchange Server 2016 solutions, including environments that contain previous versions of Exchange Server or Exchange Online.
- Students are expected to have experience with Exchange Server 2016 or previous versions of Exchange Server.
- This course is also intended as preparation material for IT professionals who are looking to take the 70-345: Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 exam as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 certification.
In addition to professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
Attended course 20345-1A: Administering Exchange Server 2016, or have equivalent knowledge.
Minimum two years of experience working with any version of Exchange Server.
Minimum of six months of experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016.
Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server 2012 R2.
Minimum two years of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS).
Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
Experience working with Windows Powershell.
- Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT
- Microsoft Official curriculum MOC
- Microsoft Attendance Certificate
- Microsoft International Exams