CCNA Service Provider SPNGN1
Duration 40 Hours
Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks Part 1 (SPNGN1)
This course is the First Certification course of CCNA Service Provider Certification path which include the following courses:
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks Part 1 (SPNGN1)
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks Part 2 (SPNGN2)
Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)
- The Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks Part 1 (SPNGN1) v1.2 is a course that provides network engineers and technicians with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to support a service provider network.
- The course provides knowledge of the major components of a network and helps learners to understand how service provider networks function.
- The course introduces IP Next Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture that helps service providers to build modern, scalable and reliable networks .
- The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS, IOS XE and IOS XR features to operate and support a service provider network.
Defining Functions of Networking
Introducing TCP/IP Layers and the OSI Reference Model
IP Addressing Overview
Explaining IP Addressing and Subnets
Describing the TCP/IP Transport Layer
Basic LAN Switching
Connecting to an Ethernet LAN
Using Switched LAN Technology
Operating a Cisco Switch
Performing Switched Network Optimizations
Troubleshooting Switch Issues
Basic IP Routing
Exploring the Functions of Routing
Introducing Cisco IOS XR Software
Implementing Basic Routing
Module 4: Connectivity Technologies
Describing Access Technologies
Introducing Service Provider Access, Edge, and Transport Technologies
Enabling the WAN Internet Connection
Module 5: Network Management and Security
Collecting Network Device Data
Configuring Network Management Tools
Explaining Network Security
Understanding Switch Security
Understanding Cisco Router Security
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these objectives:
- Describe IP fundamentals that are important to build IP networks , host-to-host communication, and network components and functions.
- Describe basic LAN switching and configure and verify basic LAN switch functions.
- Describe routing concepts and discuss considerations when implementing routing on a network.
- Describe the characteristics, functions, and components of a service provider WAN network.
- Describe network management concepts and discuss considerations when implementing network management tools and features on the network.
- Cisco Build-Operate-Transfer part ners who are focused on service provider NGN networks , specific to entry-level network operations personnel.
- Service provider network operations organizations, specific to entry-level network operations personnel.
- Cisco engineers who are motivated to pursue Cisco certifications focused on service provider NGN operations.
- All service provider operations customers, part ners who support service provider NGN environments, and internal Cisco engineers who wish to pursue Cisco professional or expert-level SP operations certifications.
This is an introductory course for networking. Any exposure or experience to Networking or with Service Provider s will be useful.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
Basic computer literacy
Basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills
Basic Internet usage skills